Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Philadelphia

May 9, 2018
Wednesday
Philadelphia

Today we took the morning to sleep as long as Easton let us, eat breakfast, shower, pack up, and head to Philadelphia. We had plans to be there early enough to be able to do Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, along with anything else in the surrounding area.

It took us a solid 2 hrs and 30 minutes at least to get to Independence Hall, but just coming in to the city you could feel a much different, laid back vibe, compared to Washington. Parking was right below the visitors center and then you went to the ground floor for tickets, gifts, etc.  While I relieved my very full bladder, Jeff was in charge of getting tickets. After I got out and found them again, he informed me that they were complete sold out and that to reserve for any other day wouldn’t be possible until JUNE. I was so upset. I wish I would’ve known! I feel so awful! We have one day here and this was the only thing on the list and we can’t even get in. Trying not to make jeff mad for apologizing a million times; we tried to make the best of it by just walking around it, seeing the Bell from the big glass wall, and getting cheesesteaks. The grounds are beautiful and the city surrounding it is a lot less BUSY. At least compared to Washington’s landmarks. I enjoyed it. Easton loved the park behind the building. He practiced stepping over and walking off and on the grass to the side walk. For a solid hour it felt like. Jeff wanted to see Benjamin Franklin's grave as well as where Jefferson stayed and wrote the Declaration. So we made a loop heading for Jefferson’s first. Of course with our luck today; it was closed. So on we moved back to the visiting center and then beyond to Franklin’s grave. As well as other singers of the declaration and various other important people. It was a really neat old cemetery. After we walked through the cemetery several times, we decided to head to our hotel.

After gift shop of course.

Our hotel is very nice. The only hiccup being that our first room had people in it!! Ah! Totally crusty middle aged men! I just backed out without saying anything and walked away as fast as we possibly could. It was so awkward. Jeff said I looked like I saw a ghost haha.

On to the next floor. Our room is really awesome. I ran for fresh milk and dinner and sprung for some fruit as well. Whole Market. Big fan. Expensive, but I love it.

We dipped our toes in the pool and splashed each other before we bathed Easton and put him to bed. After watching basketball, drinking a sippy, eating some pizza, and reading a book of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment