May 8, 2018
Tuesday
Christ’s Church, Jefferson Memorial, National Archives
Today is our day to essentially do the off list things and last minute want to do’s.
We started in Alexandria again. I had to make a stop at the Christmas Attic to see if they had anything good like the Reindeers we got with my Mom and Dad. I was overwhelmingly disappointed in the merchandise they had. It was pretty empty and you could tell it was under new hippy management. No reindeers.
After that we walked back to Christ’s Church in hopes it would be open. Again it wasn’t, but this pushy tourists asked someone if they could open it and they did! So we got to go in! It was way cool! Jeff wandered around again for a while and then we headed to look for lunch. We walked back to the river and thought about dinner on the wharf but everything had shellfish and I’m sure jeff would have nothing to do with the risk of cross contamination.
We opted for a Subway on the way. We drove by a Target and I almost cried because it had a parking lot. I literally was welling up with tears. A legit, no pay, multi car, parking lot. It was so beautiful! I am so sick of paying for parking and trying to find it!
After we got our food, Jeff and I ate for a quick second while Easton slept in the back. By the time we made it to Ford’s Theater (where we paid 20$ something dollars for parking for an hour, it was a cool valet though….. ouch) Easton just woke up so we made the move. Unfortunately the Petersen house was closed for renovation but the Theater was open and I never saw it when I had gone before. Jeff and I tag teamed this one and I went first. It was really really cool. I’ve always had a love for Abraham Lincoln since we share the same birthday. You have to go down into the basement for the museum and then you go upstairs to see the theater and you can also go up on the balcony. It was very neat. Jeff went second while Easton and I bought the whole shop and some MM’s to share.
After Ford’s theater, we made our way to the Jefferson Memorial. I’ve never been here either. It is a VERY underrated memorial. I feel like it is often missed because it is out of the way. It’s unfortunate but it by far has the best view and the least foot traffic so it is definitely worth the stop and pictures and the sitting on the steps and enjoying the view of the Washington Monument and Potomac river. Easton had a blast on the stairs and was such a ham.
Then we went to National Archives, another first for everyone. It was really really cool! It was definitely worth the stop! It initially wasn’t on our list but I’m glad we did it! It was really awesome. It’s sad to see the documents deteriorating. You can hardly read the words anymore, but there is a definitive reverence about them. They were amazing.
The gift shop suckered us though. We may have got three American flag onesies for each of us hahahaha!
Jeff gave me a Jefferson bust to get as well but I guess they didn’t ring it up with our stuff so it was missed. I feel so bad! By this point Easton was DONE. He was so stinky and grouchy. So we made our way back to the hotel for free complimentary dinner. ( WORTH IT). Totally worth saving the money and it was pretty dang good. I wish it was every night haha but it is only on Tuesday and Wednesday.
We spent the rest of the night playing around, giving the STINKIEST baby ever a bath, jamming in our onesies, reading, playing peek a book, and watching Fixer Upper and basketball playoffs.
No comments:
Post a Comment