May 13, 2018
Sunday
Happy Mother’s Day!
Easton let us sleep in quite a bit which was much needed. We had plans today to get up and head on to Yorktown.
I was woken up by a lovey baby boy and Jeff who got me a beautiful necklace from the Fossil Store in Times Square with a big E on it. Easton gave the BEST morning snuggles and we went up to breakfast after getting ready for the day.
I teased Jeff that he was the best for getting me a 5 Star breakfast with a 5 star view for Mother’s Day ha ha! We had a wonderful breakfast and took our time.
Jeff felt like he had forgotten a light on in the car and went out to check on it and sure enough, it was dead.
The parking garage had a jumper but it unfortunately would take up to 2 hours to recharge before it could jump our car. So we rung in AAA and they were there in 45 minutes and got it started. Meanwhile me and Easton were in the room packing and cleaning and Easton was giving me the hugs and cuddles of a lifetime. I was loving them so much. He’s never been this cuddly. After packing up the room we went and got the cart and loaded it. Still waiting for Jeff. Easton sat on the cart on the way back and thought it was so fun to ride.
At this rate I had everything ready, he can’t turn the car off when it starts anyway, so I just had him meet us downstairs and me and Easton made our way down. With a full cart and just wanting to “ go? Go? Go?” He walked himself down and did a really good job listening!
We got the car packed. The keys turned in. And all of our meltdowns out, right on the front door of the hotel. We packed and hit the road for Yorktown.
By the time we got there it was about 5 pm after a 6 hour drive. We pulled in to Yorktown battlefield visitor center 5 minutes too late with full bladders about to burst. Making us extra grouchy. With no bathrooms to use, we moved on towards the beach, knowing there had to be bathrooms somewhere. Jeff got out first and relieved himself while I drove around and then I got out. At this grouchiness level I didn’t particularly want to go to the battlefield and Easton just wanted out. So me and Easton stayed and played at the beach and Jeff went back to the battlefield. It was totally worth dividing and conquering. Easton was SO unsure of the deep sand I made him step into. He just sunk and sat there, totally confused. Then realized it was dirty and fun and just sat and played for a good bit until we moved closer to the water. It was unfortunately windy and cold making the water freezing so he was content just playing in the sand. I was fine with that. He was walking all over, picking up the sand and dropping it. Laying in it. The wind got a little chillier as the evening came closer and after putting his jacket on, Easton sat in my lap and just cuddled the heck out of me. By this time, jeff had called and was ready to move on. Which I figured Easton was ready to go as well since he was moving away from the water and saying “ go?”.
Jeff picked us up and we made our way to our hotel. Stopping at Cracker Barrel before we checked in. It wasn’t anything special of a hotel but it did the trick. We all went to bed without any fights from anyone. We were pooped.
No comments:
Post a Comment