Tuesday, March 20, 2018

First Day of Spring!

Last night I worked and it was a long night for me. I started feeling AWFUL. My throat had been hurting for a couple days but after 10 pm, all heck broke loose. My nose started running all over the place. And of course that is the time that all Mom’s wanted help with breastfeeding…… Not only a runny nose but I have the worst depth perception and busted my lip on a computer. *Face palm*

Jeff was scheduled to work today but thank goodness management is a mess right now and he is able to call off so I can sleep a little. This week is a scheduling nightmare which means I ultimately will lose a lot of sleep or one of us will lose a lot of money haha. I am grateful though that he was able to stick around this morning.

Today was  a rough day for Easton. Around 10 am Jeff started screaming, “ Katie! Katie Hurry!” I of course PANICKED and ran out as fast as I could to find Jeff holding Easton down trying to not get poop everywhere. I honestly thought Easton was going to be bleeding everywhere or had a bone sticking out of something! He screamed for POOP!? I was a little mad haha. I got him wipes and went straight back to bed, only to get woken up by Easton screaming around 1:30 - 2:00. His pain scream and his grouchy scream are the same so I texted Jeff asking what Easton’s deal was. He immediately comes in and Easton has this wonderful DENT to the browline of his right eye. At the time it was just blue and dented but throughout the day it got nice and fat and purple and red. Poor kid was so good about not rubbing his eye. He wouldn’t let me put anything on it like ice but he was good about taking medicine. He would only calm down until I held him and we sat there as long as he would let us. Jeff then mentioned that Easton also had fallen backwards off the back porch and hit his head, and also had scraped under his chin somehow. After dinner tonight he also slipped on his slide while holding Dirk and hit himself in the lip…..

We ventured out to the living room and turned on his favorite movie Monster’s University and he sat and snuggled me for a bit. Jeff started crashing from taking care of Easton all day so he went to lay down.

Last night at work I was talking with some coworkers about gardening. They have immaculate gardens but I just wanted something simple to keep the bugs away or at least make salsa ha ha! So while Jeff laid down I decided to head to the store and pick up some baskets and plants. We of course had to get an ice cream cone too while we were at it to ease the pain of the day. We also grabbed some things for the yard that we needed like bug spray!!!! We have got to get rid of those chiggers so we can keep playing! Jeff has been working really hard this year at getting the yard in shape. Last year, it was my LEAST favorite part of our whole house but this year we just want to be out there all day. It is wonderful. After our trip, whatever money we have left in the budget we’re going to try and work on improving it a little more like getting lights or a grill. I’m going to keep my eye out for a lawnmower on craigslist or a facebook page so we stop stealing Jill’s haha.  

While we were at the store this guy started helping us that was INSANE. He was so nice and just loud and jovial. He was hysterical and made me want to revive all the plants in the world. Most of the good herbs and things were picked through but I found a braided peach hibiscus tree for only $2! It is now my mission to revive that thing in honor of Verle and the spirit of the guy that helped us. Ha ha. We got a few other things like peppermint, marigolds for the mosquitos, rosemary, cilantro, and chives. I was really going at random at this point lol. Easton got his own little pot and some flower seeds to plant.

When we got home Easton threw a ROYAL fit. He would not go outside, he just threw his truck around and screamed and cried. Apparently he was really HANGRY cause I gave him a bear snack biscuit thing that we got and he was instantly happier lol. He went outside on the back porch and we made a MESS. He was trying to be such a good helper with the potting soil. Eating it, throwing it, putting it back in the pots, trying to feed it to me. It was so nice. Lol. We planted the hibiscus in it’s own pot that is a little bigger and Easton got a little pot for his seeds with his name on it. The rest of the plants got put into a basket assorted in rows. Easton has already tried picking off the marigolds and Kenai is taking my hibiscus cut that broke off out in the yard. The stinks…..

Easton was covered in mud, literally from head to toe, but we had to stay outside.  After we got the plants done we picked up the dog poop and Easton pushed his car around as much as he could in the backyard. It was so fun to watch. He is getting really fast. He just needs to walk on his own already! However, I feel like we will be in real trouble since he can already reach the door knobs…..
I sat and watched Easton for a bit and woke Jeff up to come join us. I had thrown Lasagna in the oven before we started and it was ready in about 10 minutes. We threw some green beans and toast in and we ate dinner out on the back porch in the beautiful weather. Now Easton was covered in ice cream, dirt, AND lasagna! Off to the bath he goes. Jeff decided he was having enough of our messy house so while Easton bathed he picked up and vacuumed.

After I wrestled Easton out of the tub and into jammies, he was pretty toasted so we went to his room to read books while Dad finished vacuuming. We read about 4 and he finished his sippy. He crawled off my lap and then turned himself around to lay his head on my leg. He has NEVER done this before! I was NOT going to mess it up! So we sat there for a few minutes while he chatted and I rubbed his head. When he decided he’d had enough I fed him till he fell asleep for a solid 2 minutes. Lol. He was OUT.

After Easton went to bed Jeff and I headed out back and Jeff sprayed the pesticide on the lawn.

We’re ending the day with watching The Greatest Showman, kleenex up our nose, and fudgsicles.
Phase One.





"I got you babe!"








These were't today but they were yesterday and that is pretty darn close. Just call it a pre-goose egg slide show. He seriously can not handle not being outside. It is hysterical and annoying all at once. haha. He is really working on standing up by himself and staying. The other day I caught him getting himself up in the middle of the room!









No comments:

Post a Comment