May 2, 2018
Road Trip Day One
Little Rock
Yesterday, Jeff decided we needed to leave early with the threats of a massive storm planning on hitting the Midwest. The storm is supposed to blow northeast as it presses on. So Jeff really wanted to get ahead of it.
At first I was really upset, I mean, I’m still really disappointed that this week didn’t go as smoothly as I was hoping. We also have to miss Les Miserables. Which I’ve had planned longer than this trip. But it wasn’t worth getting stuck in the storm or the argument. So last night I went to work and Jeff worked on getting my list of demands checked off. I worked in finding a hotel and jeff got all the laundry done.
I was planning and hoping to be able to get off work early but one thing after another kept coming through the door and I never made it home until 8. Like I usually do. I was BEAT. I had zero sleep the day before and ended up working all night. Amongst days before that having to work with no sleep. So I begged Jeff to let me slip with the lure that I had already got everything we needed bought and taken care of. He just has to pick it up. Thanks Walmart click list. First time fan.
After I slept until about 11. Jeff woke me up- BEARDLESSSSSSSS- and he went to pick up the groceries while I packed me and Easton’s bags while Easton napped. When Easton got up he helped me pack and said Lamby!!!It was the cutest thing of my entire life! He said it a few times but of course wouldn’t say it for jeff. We finally got everything thrown aimlessly in the car. I looked homeless. We said goodbye to Kenai with all our love and hit the road! We got out around 12:15.
We had a few mists of rain but nothing exciting and then blue skies.
We stopped for lunch at Wendy’s, kept moving, and took a pit stop in Texarkana so Easton could stretch his legs and I could organize the car. The first 2 hours he didn’t make a peep. He just watched his movie and enjoyed the ride eating snacks and holding his lamby.
The second half he was a little more restless. He wasn’t as happy with my movie choice but suffered through it with me in the back and an apple and popcorn to share and Gatorade. We worked on different words and he said Apple! And tried his hand at popcorn. What!? It was crazy! He kept saying Apple Apple Apple. It was so flipping cute.
With 5 minutes left of his sanity we finally made it to the hotel. We were not made for this hotel lol. I’m slightly disappointed in the overall grandness of it. The room was not very well kept and we were facing a building and parking lot. For some reason I was thinking we would have a balcony. But I guess not all have them.
Easton was having a BLAST (after the trauma of the elevator). It took him a second but once we threw him on the big fluffy king bed he was hooked. He was running all over the place. A little too fast though, because within 5 minutes I hear a loud THUD and Easton crying. He totally tripped and used his head to catch himself. No surprise. He has a Beautiful fat goose egg. We decided to order a pizza and maybe head down to the pool. We ordered and headed to the lobby to try and figure out where the heck to go since we apparently have zero sense of direction here and without even asking or thinking I went to the desk and asked for a balcony room. I’m really glad I did because it is not WAY nicer but it was a definite upgrade. Easton LOVED walking in and out of the room and the little more space. I loved not having a joining door to the next room!
After he had been on the balcony for probably 10 minutes. I realized there’s a huge yellow jacket, just hanging out building a nest on the railing! Outdoor playtime got cut short. Ha ha. Meanwhile Jeff went to go feel the pool and take the other room keys and our pizza showed up. The wrong pizza. But it was still good. Being freezing and us being starving: We just ate in our room and hung out. Easton ran around and around and played with the ice bucket and the vent and the doors and the ice bucket some more and cups.
For dessert we had chocolate pudding cups with no spoons so we used coffee sticks as spoons. haha! It did the trick!
After a good bath, book time with Dad while he drank his sippy was quite eventful! Jeff taught him to say MOO! And to find the cows! It was so flipping cute! You could tell Easton was proud of himself lol. After Easton’s drama performance that was honestly hysterical. ( we would get up on his knees in the bed and then flop like a fish on his tummy face down and just lay there lol) Easton went down with only a little bit of a fight.
On to tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment