Bless this poor man's soul for busting me out of the hospital. This was my first time out since I was put on bed rest and probably our first real date since moving here.
SO MUCH FUN
Jeff thought of going to dinner and a movie since there are several movies out right now that we really want to see. It did sound like fun but I also didn't want to just sit and watch a movie since that is what I do all day. ( I really just didn't want to be gone from the baby that long....) So logically I googled " Things to do in Anchorage", with zero luck of actual non-alaskan things to do, I thought about going to Moose's Tooth since Jeff had never been. Then I found that Bear Tooth Theater Pub was way closer and yowza is this place the bomb.
They make the same pizza's that Moose's Tooth makes but they also do other movie foods and play movies while you eat! Two for one! You rent a booth (we got the couples booth J1-J2) for $13 that get's you into the movie and the booth. Then you order your pizza or whatever you want, grab a pitcher of complimentary water with cups and a traffic cone for your order. I ordered us the classic pepperoni with a cream soda freeze ( YUM) and a chocolate milkshake ( YUM) and popcorn to munch on until the pizza was done. All in all I think I spent MAYBE $30. We saw the movie Storks and it was uber cute. The ending songs made me this { } close to crying. Definitely recommend it for a lighthearted fun movie. Jeff and I both fell in love with the song Fire and The Flood by Vance Joy
I probably applied it too much to our current situation and that is what made me emotional lol.
I don't have pictures to document but we also made a pit stop at Barnes and Noble to feed our nerdy selves. They had a couple books on Jeff's wish list there for really cheap so he was stoked to get a couple and I was stoked to get books for the baby. He has decided that he will occasionally only eat or sleep if you read him a story so I got him a huge book of all the original fairy tales. I LOVE it.
We ended the night with family cuddles and watching The Polar Express just to kick off the "Christmas" spirit. It wasn't home but it was just perfect enough being there together as a family.
That arm.... 😂












No comments:
Post a Comment