Traditional 4th of July weekend outing... of some sort.
This weekend we all mustered up the energy to go hiking in Hatcher's Pass.
Kasey and Aubrey chose the easier, road route, while we {Jeff, his Dad, and I... and Pup} decided to go bush whacking.
I love Hatcher's, it is always so quiet and green, and if you're on the willow side, not full of people. Except when you go on 4th of July and there are about 1500 ATV's going down the road! It made me grateful we chose the bush route instead of the ATV route. That is for sure.
This was Kenai's first official Alaskan outing! Insert "WORST DOGGY PARENTS EVER" here. It's been what? 2 months? and it's his FIRST OUTING. I blame Jeff haha ( poor guy gets all the blame these days). Kenai was in HEAVEN though. It was worth pushing through the nausea, and motion sickness, and headaches, and cold ears. He was keeping up with everyone and making sure we were all coming and running and rolling and swimming and having a grand ol' time. I wish I hadn't tired so easily or we would've stayed out a lot longer. Poor guy has to suffer with Mom. Sorry Pup.
None the less I am so happy we decided to go and get out. The cool fresh air is what we all needed. A nap after was ALSO what we all needed. Lol.
Happy 4th of July my friends. Stay Humble, Kind, and Golden.
Kenai frolicking through the devil's club like the genius he is. For the record, Jeff kept throwing rocks in there because it was HILARIOUS to watch him bounce in and out of the tall weeds. ha ha!
Even though I am grumpy when he makes me drink my gatorade and eat sandwich that he super thoughtfully made me..... I am so grateful for him and all the whining, complaining, and stubbornheadedness he deals with on a daily basis.
I love you Bear.
HAPPIEST PUP EVER!
Even when it is just to sit and rest with mom!
That is our river dog! I cannot believe he got in more than once, this water is FREEZING. There are still snow on the mountains and he is just floating down, hopping out, coming back to where I was, and then jumping right back in. You could quite literally see him starting to shut down half way down the stretch each time, so being the mean Mom I am, I nixed any more river dips haha. 
Jeff's view.
I think he is happy to see his family out in the green mountains. ( At least, that is what he told me kinda.) It was more a long the lines of:
"You can't beat this; a pregnant wife, a good pup, mountains, and hiking."
Kenai winking and thinking, " Dad is putting my shock collar on me, but no worries, I will lose it between here and the car. You're welcome."
Nature.
Love these boys.
And then there is me, ruining all the pictures. Whoops. Good thing Kenai decided to ruin them too. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment