Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas! 2015

Merry Christmas 2015!
It's unfortunate to say that I haven't really been in the Christmas spirit at all this year. It's kind of a kill joy without all your family here for Christmas to do all the traditions but it was still a blast hanging with Jen, Jason, and the boys!
We did traditional Christmas Eve dinner at Jen's house with roast, potatoes, over grilled carrots {whoops}, and finished off with cinnamon rolls. We played a game I found on pinterest: You get lots of goodies like candy, money, toys, etc. and then you roll them all up into a huge saran wrap ball, if you roll doubles with dice then you get to unroll the ball, whatever you unroll, you keep. It was hilarious once they realized what was inside of the huge plastic ball! Everyone got really into it and it was tons of fun! After that game and cleaning up we threw peanuts on the roof for the reindeer to eat. That was a hoot and a half. All of them just rolled back off ha ha! Just more peanuts to throw I suppose. lol. 
After we fed the reindeer we all decided it was time to digest our meal. It was SO filling and yummy. It was pretty hard to move. Dryden fought a shower, Keaton was ready for bed by 7:30, and Carter was just being sassy ol' Carter lol. We tracked Santa throughout the night on norad.com, it was a good indicator of how fast he was moving and how quickly the boys needed to go to bed. 
Jeff and I finished the night with filling each other's stockings, hiding them, wearing our Christmas PJ's, and watching the church's Joy To The World DVD. I'm pretty sure I was out like a light once I got comfortable. I was the first to wake up this morning and it took forever to get Jeff out of bed lol. His first words were," I'm getting too old for this." ha ha ha!
We let Kenai out to let him join on the fun. I don't think he was too happy that we woke him up early lol. He went straight outside and slept on his pillow till we let him come open his stocking and presents. He LOVED THEM. Kenai got a big ball, a tug o' war ring, biscuits, Christmas rawhides, and a moose stocking with lots of toys inside. He was having a BLAST!
After we found each other's stockings { we didn't want to see what each other got!} we met downstairs and opened them up, of course peanut butter cups, can never go wrong for both of us. Jeff got a bag full of m&m's, mt.dew, dove face lotion, deodorant, other candies, oranges, and lots of love. I got a spongebob movie, peanut butter cups, lindt truffles, and starbursts. 
I think we did pretty dang good this year for Christmas gifts. We {I} relatively stayed to our budget and nailed them. Jeff didn't procrastinate till Christmas eve! I'm so proud!
Jeff got: Roku, phone holder thingy, Lakers tickets, 3 books, 1 DVD,  jeans, jacket, beanie, and shirt from American Eagle,  and if there is anything else I can't remember haha. 
Katie Got: a necklace {LOVE IT},  a frozen fruit smoothie icy thingy maker, A POPCORN MACHINE, a robe,  and 2 books. 
It was so nice to run on our own time this year and enjoy just being with each other. No one else to worry about. It was super fun!
After we got ready really quick we headed to Jen and Jason's house for the grand reveal of the boys Christmas Gift. It was SO FUNNY to see how mad Keaton was that Dryden got a four wheeler and he didn't get anything fun lol. He was SO UPSET. Once they figured out their puzzle, they opened it to find a chicken feather and a note saying " Christmas isn't what it's cracked up to be"-- THEY LOST IT. They were SO MAD, they were fighting the tears and so frustrated, the rest of us that knew however were crying with laughter, I almost wet myself I was laughing so hard. Jen did so awesome. 
The clue was suppose to send them to the chicken coup. There, inside of a hollowed out egg, there was another clue that said they had to run up and down the street yelling  " I am a naughty little boy!", they are out of shape..... lol. After that embarrassment they got a key ring from Jason, they are suppose to use the keys to open up the back shed where their GO CART was. They found it pretty fast after that and I think Keaton was pretty embarrassed for being a little stinker all morning after he saw it. They rode that bad boy all morning. It was sweet. 
Breakfast was even better with french toast, bacon, hash browns, eggs, cinnamon rolls, and milk. 
It's barely 1:00 and I'm ready for a nap! 
Merry Christmas to all! We've had a great one! 

 The Christmas Eve Loot






 CENTER OF ATTENTION lol
 2 bones in one. What a talent. 




 COOLEST MOM EVER!





No comments:

Post a Comment