I think I've about made it.
I haven't shaved in a week.
I've worn the same clothes (at least shirt) for three days now.
My hair hasn't been straightened or curled in probably a month.
I biked 12 miles.
Hiked Thunderbird Falls.
&
Kayaked at midnight.
all in one single day
{Alaskan Woman Qualifications}
After my brief bike ride we went up to Thunderbird Falls. It's about half way to Anchorage. It was a perfect afternoon hike. Not too hard, plenty of beauty, and worth the trip.
Apparently the later you kayak the more wild life you will see. We
kayaked the Little Susitna river again but we started out from the house
at about 11:30 PM. We saw beavers, and ducks, and BALD FREAKING EAGLES,
and 8 moose, and Mt.Mckinley/Denali (for you controversial out there),
it was a lot of neatness.
I woke up this morning with a massive headache, extremely tight shoulders, and a major hankering to kill somebody- perhaps I'm not cut out to be an Alaska woman lol.
I did try to persuade Jeff to rub my shoulders and never to wake up me in the morning again but it was just too much effort and a wasted cause.
Today we hiked in Hatcher's Pass again, but another side. This side has all of the sweet mining towns (you know me and my quaintness) and a beautiful hike to Gold Cord Lake. This was the focus of our trip up and it wasn't too long of a hike, probably a mile up with all of the switch backs. Don't get me wrong though, it was still a heart buster. And of course, my ears started killing me and I got car sick on the drive up so it was a miserable start. Once we got to the top I got distracted from my woes and was totally amazed by the view. It was a beautiful frozen/slushy lake. Once we got to the bottom me and Jeff went and toured the little mining town while everyone else napped in the Yukon. It was so worth the extra hiking and touring. Multiple times I had to stop and think of how cool it would be to see this place in full function.
We're history buffs :)
below: If you look to the middle left on the mountains in the back, you can see the top of a glacier!
2 hikes, one bike ride, and some kayaking, all in one weekend.
Maybe I am an Alaskan woman!
Katie Thompson on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment