For the sake of memory, I want to remember the feelings I have had about my parents : especially since this being the first time away from them for such a long period of time.
I usually catch myself after I say my prayers shedding a few tears ( as I start now, frick). They have been recently said as, " please bless Mom with strength and health, and Dad the strength to take care of her," which then are followed by a collection of thoughts of gratitude I have for them ( as well as more tears). My Dad would always tease me that I would appreciate them someday..... darn my ignorant ways. I can not wait to see them again. I've been secretly planning different ways for me and Jeff to get to Mexico. It has been unsuccessful thus far. While Mom has been in the hospital for her marathon runners heart (37) and bent tent poles, after her GNARLY kidney stone that had backed up her entire system and was growing a sweet infection; there were rumors of them having to come back to the states to give her better care. I would joke about that being a good thing: because they would be closer and I would be home soon, I secretly hoped it would be true. But of course I don't want them to leave though, they are having too much fun serving the people of Mexico and I'm glad to report that mom is doing a lot better as of today
(6/26/15). As bad as I am at showing my gratitude for people that are dear and near to my heart, my thankfulness for my own family has never been stronger than the recent months that I have been away. I already plan on crying when I get to see my sister at the airport in August. thanks Jen, you ROCK. I am so blessed with the family I was given. I don't have words to put to my gratitude for the home I was raised in and the people that were there with me.
So many blessings for MY Family being Forever.

(6/26/15). As bad as I am at showing my gratitude for people that are dear and near to my heart, my thankfulness for my own family has never been stronger than the recent months that I have been away. I already plan on crying when I get to see my sister at the airport in August. thanks Jen, you ROCK. I am so blessed with the family I was given. I don't have words to put to my gratitude for the home I was raised in and the people that were there with me.
So many blessings for MY Family being Forever.

"Happy Father's day to the best human being I know. My number one fan and my go to man. The best travel buddy and example a daughter could ask for. He's been at every game, every graduation, every throw up, and every part of my growing up. He spanks really hard, but he gets you to love him again with nilla wafers or root beer floats. He's my hero ( you too mom) and best friend. Love you Dad. Miss you both lots and lots!!! (LOOK I CAN TAG YOU NOW! baha)"
— with John Griffin and Dalene Griffin.


No comments:
Post a Comment