May 6,2018
Sunday
Today we decided to take it easy. Let Easton sleep as long as he would let us. Of course he woke up at 7. But we still took our time getting breakfast, getting ready, and getting out the door. We initially planned on doing Mt. Vernon because it was going to be a little cooler today but it was PACKEDDDDDD! It was crazy how many people were there!
So we decided to pass Mt. Vernon and do the national mall. It was still slammed with people but it was a little easier to navigate with crowds. Everything is hard to miss. It was a beautiful 69 degrees. It was suppose to rain around 1:00 pm but that never happened.
We first did the Washington Monument. Then the Smithsonian museum of American History. Jeff really enjoyed it. Easton did not. Haha he was not enjoying the stroller or being carried. I took him out at the flag over Fort McHenry and he loved playing with the interactive projectors. After letting him walk for a good 10 minutes he got kind of tired and let me stroller him for what we wanted to see, at least for the most part. As long as we kept walking. Jeff and I divided and conquered. He enjoyed and I pushed the baby. He’s a reader, where as I am not. At least not with a baby haha.
After the museum we walked our way down to the world war 2 memorial and on to Lincoln Memorial. I love these places. They really are hallowed ground. Easton did a really good job and he even got to go to the top of Lincoln Memorial!
After that we wandered over to the Korean War memorial and then to the Vietnam. Easton was about done at that point. He was getting tired and wanted out. But he had a definitive “i am tired” whine going on so we pushed him till he eventually fell asleep, walking up the more quiet side streets until we got to the White House. Jeff wanted to just get him home but he was asleep and the second we move him he will be AWAKE. So we bit the bullet and walked all the way. It was literally less than a block from our car so it worked out.
After the White House, we made it back to our car. We headed back to the hotel and got some pizza. In which I volunteered to go get and later regretted tremendously. I was trying to find a spot and got pushed onward with NO idea in how to get back. Traffic pushed be onward and soon enough I was crossing the Potomac, at Georgetown University, and then back at Lincoln Memorial….. I was so mad! Haha. I finally found a spot right in front of it. But I am NOT fan of the parking in the city.
I finally made it home and we devoured the pizza as well as the cheesecake. With Easton’s help of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment