In the wee hours of the morning, I got a call at work at the nurses station from Jill. Apparently Jeff was stung by SOMETHING and didn't know what to do. It was painful and making his arm go stiff. I recommended the typical Mayo Clinic answers; ice, benadryl, ibuprofen. Look it up. I was right.
A few minutes later I get the text that they were headed to the ER because it was spreading and making him nervous and anxious. I won't lie, I wasn't that too concerned. It usually isn't that big of a deal for people. But apparently for someone allergic to bees, it can have a much greater reaction. Luckily he went cause it could've gotten a lot worse. After a shot in the arm of steroids, they sent him home. They got in around 5:30- 5:45 ( I'm assuming, I was at work haha). Just in time for Easton's 6 month appointment we all roll in looking GREAT. Easton kept Jeff up, and then Jeff kept Easton up having to go into the ER. I was up since 3 pm the day before for work. We were quite the good looking crew. After a quick appointment in which Easton got shots just adding more gloriousness to our day. We got home and I was READY to sleep. Im totally pooped at this point. But alas, Jeff starts feeling his face go numb and tingle, he thinks his tongue is starting to swell and gets into a full on panic to get somewhere fast. Which to my professional knowledge was just making things worse which just increased our need to get somewhere quickly. 1.1 miles away we got to Legacy Urgent Care/ER. Within the 5 minutes it took for me to write his name down a few times he was full on fury. Pacing back and forth and getting quite insistent, saying he was ready to leave and go to an ER, I reassured him we were at an ER. Lol. In his defense the receptionist was taking her sweet time. Luckily before pure mania, a nurse came and got him. He shot in there and was taken back as quickly as he could say I feel like my tongue is swelling and my throat is getting tight.
The doctor we saw was super nice, he went through all the options and in no way thought otherwise of what Jeff was telling him. It was hard to dispute a blood pressure of 189/95... after an IV with fluids, Benadryl, and Epinephrine. He got blood tests with a slightly elevated blood sugar which may or not be related to the steroid he received earlier. But nothing too suspicious.
After we got home with prescriptions of steroids, Ativan, epipens, and zofran. Jeff felt like his throat was closing again around 7:30. Walmart had yet to notify me of any prescriptions ready so when he started having issues again we didn't know what to do, but we can't afford to go back (we would if we had too) but Jeff mostly needed to calm down. He was pacing again. He asked for someone to come give him a blessing. Nate and Brother Carlson came just in time while Jill ran to Walmart with 10 minutes left of it being open. Just them being there calmed him down immensely. After a MUCH needed blessing by Nate, speaking words far more than we were expecting but SO needed, we got steroids on board and have yet to have any further problems.
The blessing he got seriously blew me away. The Lord is SO aware of us and our needs. Aware of the things we needed to hear and the things we are stressed about. Particularly Jeff. So grateful for worthy priesthood holders. Now we wait for the exterminator to come and vacate our house while we bunk at Jills. Sleepover!






No comments:
Post a Comment