Monday, March 13, 2017

Brussel Nasties

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to go to the Anchorage temple with our youth. It is a VERY small temple! Out of all the temple's i've been too though (which isn't a lot), it's beautiful. Not Arizona temple's beautiful, but its quaint. Very compact. Before I left for the day, I couldn't help but leave my mark on my chubby cheeked baby .... After our youth did baptisms for the dead, we went to Golden Corral. I honestly can not remember the last time I went here. It had to have been when there was still one in Thatcher, but that was a LONG time ago. It was superb. I love that I don't get anxiety from having to choose what I want. If I want it, I just get it! Although, there is one thing there that I will NEVER try again: BRUSSEL SPROUTS. YUCK!!! People on pinterest and Facebook have been saying that Brussel Sprouts just get a bad rep. NO, THEY DON'T, THEY ARE GROSSSSSSS. Brother Pitcher dared me to try one, so I had to. I can't go my whole life saying their gross and not know. I will never make that mistake again. Bleck.  I am fairly proud of myself for making food choices that didn't destroy me all the way home and throughout the day. Go Katie! 

The rest of the weekend, I want to say it was eventful, but I would be lying. Jeff got released from 11 yr old scouts, he is excited about that. I am still continuing our pursuits to get a job in Texas. No luck yet. We did on the other hand get Bryan Mason's (Jeff's friend) ticket up here booked so there is no going back now.  Jeff has a leaving date of May 13th. I am still unsure of how the whole process is going to go with getting Kenai to Texas and where we will live. But until we find a job,  I suppose it is irrelevant. I'm starting to lose my steam, I would eat a whole plate of those Brussel Nasties if it got me a job. ANYWHERE!
 I won't lie, I have enjoyed my time with Easton. I'm growing more and more attached. But how could you not, look at that goob! Currently our plans are for me and Easton to fly to Arizona and then drive to Texas at some point in the next few weeks. I am hoping sooner than later, I am darn sick of this wind and cold!





No comments:

Post a Comment