Sunday, November 20, 2016

2 Weeks Old!

Day 1








Day 14

Wowza! How do we have a 2 week old baby?! I mean, it feels like we have been here an eternity, but I also am scrambling to hold onto time with this little nugget! I feel like he is going to start walking tomorrow at this rate. Easton has been doing so great; his growth is rocking the doctor's worlds and his eating is getting better every day. His new intake record is 37 ml's of the 50! We started bottles the other day just to see how he would do and it is amazing how much more he can take on his own with the bottle. I feel like it is so lazy of me but it honestly is so much easier for the baby. By the time we get ready to breastfeed he's already so exhausted that my "over abundance" drowns him. He currently weighs a whopping 2353 grams ( 5.18 lbs). He doesn't fit into premie clothes because his legs are too long so he has to wear newborn,  they totally drown him otherwise though lol. He has been sleeping good 5 hour spans ( that I am aware of.... he may be totally awake and I just sleep right through it haha) and when he isn't asleep or eating he is totally mellow. All the nurses comment on how relaxed of a baby he is. I'm hoping he stays that way lol. He talks in his sleep and it is hilarious. His sleepy grins with ridiculously random mouth movements and whine's are totally entertaining. After his first big 31 intake I was totally expecting him to zonk out but he stayed up and just stared and chatted with me. He's going to be talkative.... 
It is such an amazing difference with how much he has filled out. His legs are still completely chickeny but his face is getting nice and chunky. I am lovin it. 
We officially can say he's related to the Griffin family. After an incident with a handsy nursing resident (student or orientee) getting liquid adhesive all over his eye (she totally glued it shut and then left.... I had to go get her supervisor and ask for some adhesive remover), his eye was pretty swollen today and his cheek was nice and red and puffy. Adhesive allergy confirmed. Jeff has super sensitive skin too so the poor kiddo has it coming from both sides.
2 weeks down and who knows how much more but he is doing leaps and bounds to get himself home. He's a trooper!
and a pooper.....

No comments:

Post a Comment