Friday, October 14, 2016

Started from my bed now we're here



I suppose I should listen to Jeff more often but then he would get the satisfaction of being right. Ha ha. 
Currently sitting at Providence hospital in Anchorage on day two of hospital monitoring and bed rest. 
Jeff called me at about 8:45 a.m. just to be the gracious guy he is and wake me up and see how I was feeling. I was cramping since about 6:45/7:00 a.m. but didn't think much of it, stayed down, drank water, the whole bit. He was heading to Anchorage for work that day so he just wanted to make sure I was going to be okay if he left. I figured I was fine and didn't want to go in if I wasn't so I told him to keep working. He of course objected that with "I will be home in 10 minutes to drop off the car, you make your decision then." He came and left. I was fine. Nothing I wasn't use to. They got held up in Wasilla working on a different job for a little while and Jeff was still worried about me so (i'm going to say) he made me call the docs office to make sure there wasn't anything else I should be doing.  OF COURSE they wanted me to go in....... I told ya'll. I knew it. If you even joke with calling they make you go in! 
So I swung by Jeff's work on the way and we headed into the L&D at Matsu.  When they first hooked me up there wasn't that much activity, baby was happy, contractions were mild and inconsistent.  Figures. Happens every time. haha. 
Then after about an hour they started getting pretty big and close together (which they usually are anyway but I could actually feel them this time).  Dr. Cook came in and checked me 3-4/90%/0 station...
GREATTTTTTT.
Just what we all wanted to hear. 
Next thing we know I'm getting hooked up to magnesium for a bolus dose and some fluids. Magnesium is NOT okay. In the slightest, alright? It is the devil. It literally burns from the inside out, it makes you nauseas and hot but you CANNOT escape it. ( I've been on Mg+ since yesterday at noon.....) It makes your eyes feel extremely heavy and it is hard to focus on anything and hard to walk. It's a muscle relaxant but it is to help the baby's neural development, so I guess I can handle it.  I got shipped over to Providence via ambulance with one of our BOMB nurses Kailyn monitoring (poor thing can't catch a break) and Jeff followed behind. We got here around 2:00 p.m. and came straight to labor and delivery.  
We got assessed by the on call doctor, she was great, really nice. Still dilated to a 4. She made me bleed ( but hasn't bled since). Got hooked back up to Magnesium, got ANOTHER shot of betamethasone ( I told you that hurts like a B*@#*  right? ), and strict bed rest with minimal bathroom privileges. Jeff's Dad brought a bag of over night things for Jeff, and oil so Jeff could give me a blessing. I'm so grateful for that. 
After they left we tried to settle in for the night. By settle I mean get comfortable enough to wake up, and then re situate, then wake up.... the never ending cycle. The magnesium has been giving me a really bad headache since it was started, plus it makes me hot so it was a long battle last night. I think I finally got REAL sleep at about 5 a.m. this morning till 8:30.
Currently the plan is to be sent up stairs since there has been no continuing labor after 4 doses of toradol and 24 hours of magnesium ( SO GRATEFUL THEY TURNED THAT OFF).  Last check I got I was dilated back to a 2 and we will TAKE IT. 
Supposedly upstairs I will get a few windows, 15 minute showers, 30 minute wheel chair excursions.... a lot of exciting things!  
We like to keep things on the edge of our seats here. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment