Saturday, September 3, 2016

First Day of the First Day

First day of school! But without the school and a lot more work!
That's a lie sorta.... this whole week at orientation was a lot of school but I won't complain. I needed the refresher.
 This last Monday I started my job at the Mat-su Regional Medical Center
Big Girl Job.... YIKES. 
I have been a nervous wreck all week. I feel really compelled to impress everyone I encounter because I feel like this pregnancy thing has really put me down a few steps on the ladder. Luckily though, everyone there has been SO SO SO great. All the educators, nurse leaders, department heads, and many more have been so welcoming, understanding, and over all just great laid back people. I can already tell this is going to be a great place to work. All the presenters have been nurses or other sorts at this hospital for a really long time and say that out of all the places they've worked this hospital can't be beat. It's a comforting thing to hear.
I've felt pretty special being the only OB hire in this orientation group. There are roughly 14 of us; 2 are going to ER, 1 recovery, and the rest med/surg. Every time they read my folder name and department they perk up and get excited, it's been pretty fun not going to lie. ha ha. 
Also extremely lucky for me is that I get this handsome guy.
Every day he's up early to make sure that the car is ready to go, I've got food waiting for me to take, the laundry is done, the room is clean, and that I'm going to have a good day.  All while getting himself ready for work. He usually will leave before I do. 
So much gratitude for him this week. 
Grateful for his patience, his willingness to help, his worthiness to give me a blessing in my time of need, and so much more. 
I love you Jeffrey McClain!


No comments:

Post a Comment