Friday, September 30, 2016

Bed Rest Day 1

Welp, here we go. 
Bed rest day one.
Went in for our 28 week appointment and got sent downstairs for contraction monitoring, betamethasone (@#$*%), and lots of fluids.
Time in 10:30 am
Time out 7:45 pm 
We have to go back in tomorrow for another round of betamethasone, monitoring, and make sure my dilation hasn't changed. 
I'm already over it. 

We went into our 28 week appointment today with high hopes since our cervical length checks were no more and as far as I knew everything had been going well. We ended up leaving after 1 cervical length check, seeing 2 providers, 3 bags of fluids, 4 weeks of mandatory bed rest, and too many hours of contraction monitoring. I apparently have been having contractions for several weeks now but heck if I knew, I thought it was normal. Apparently not! 
Cervix measured at 1.9 today and from what I wrote about earlier that basically means the baby has about 1.9 cm between him and the outside world. Yikes.  
I'm dilated to a 2, and at 50% effacement.

I'm plum out of luck with this pregnancy! So if any one has ideas on how to entertain oneself on bed rest. Please share.
I felt so awful walking onto the floor and seeing the board insanely busy and my name having to go on it; making the day even worse for those working. I was suppose to come in to work today to help with the madness, not add to it! Luckily we have the best nurses on the planet and they were the bomb. I tried not to be a nuisance but Barb reminded me several times that I was trouble haha.

Also, let me just say..... betamethasone to the butt hurts like a B$%*&!!!! I was tense for today's shot, now that I know what it feels like I am for sure not going to be the best for tomorrow's!
{Betamethasone: steroid to help babies lungs developed in case of pre-term labor}

Despite my whining and ungrateful attitude... I'm grateful for good doctors, the best nurses, a healthy baby, and a patient husband. 
Let's get this kid cooking.







No comments:

Post a Comment