Baby T for the attitude win.
I think I've decided that this baby is too high maintenance not to have the appropriate nickname to go with it.
We've had a whirlwind of emotions(?) the last couple of weeks....
As Jeff likes to put it, we are 4 mm from bed rest. Barf. Bed rest.
I have got a nice cute acorn of a cervix (Dr's words not mine) that has got me on the high risk list for preterm labor at the OB office, lucky me. So I'm sure I will be on first name basis with everyone by the time Christmas rolls around. I graciously get the opportunity to go in every Friday to be checked (until told otherwise). At this point I have the instructions of:
1) No traveling further than an 1 hour of any hospital.
2) Progesterone nightly and pelvic rest
3) Off my feet as often as possible (this is going to be a hard one)
4) No straining ( they do know I'm pregnant right?)
4) No major changes in altitude
5) No lifting heavy objects
and
6) Call if any signs of preterm labor
Essentially you are on the list if your cervix length is less than 3.5, apparently, when initially measured I was measuring at a 1.9, then a 2.1. We didn't know about the 1.9 but I'm kind of glad we didn't cause I'm sure Jeff would've been freaking out any time I sneezed or used the restroom. Fortunately at our last appointment we were around a 2.5 so the doctor isn't QUITE as worried as he was before but I still get the lovely opportunity to be monitored weekly until this baby decides to make it's grand appearance. We were told he would be excited to get us to 32 to weeks. At this point, heck.... so are we! When we walked into our appointment this last Friday we were given the worst case scenario speech.... based off of the 2.1 measurement. Thus 4 mm from bed rest.
So far we have met all the OBGYN's at the hospital and I have really liked all of them. They've all been great and have taken really good care of me.
Past couple of weeks I've been feeling a lot of braxton hicks contractions and the baby is always active. He really likes to start kicking when we lay down to go to bed.... but that's how it goes right? ha ha.
This last week we were watching the movie The Cokeville miracle. I'm sure it was total coincidence but as the kids were talking about angels in heaven (ancestors) watching over them and protecting them the baby was going CRAZY. I have never had him kick that much. But like the movie says, " that is too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence." I'm sure this kiddo is being watched over by a lot of really great people up in heaven right now... I could probably start naming them individually.
We are extremely grateful for the care that we've been getting and the good news we got this week. Hopefully the meds keep working and gravity takes it easy and we can keep on trucking till we are out of the danger zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment