Monday, May 23, 2016

Baby Bear

Apparently boys really do have cooties. Also, school stress sickness and motion sickness also feels like morning sickness. 
Surprise.
We're having a bear.
I think I am as shocked as anyone. 
Sure I have a secret board on pinterest and every month would get a little anxious but now that it's actually happening I am FREAKING OUT! 

Jeff is actually the one that told me we were pregnant. 
{Everyone get's so confused by that}
While I was showering, after I went tinkle, he dipped a pregnancy test. 

I had been really stressed due to my final being Tuesday, so I wasn't too surprised that I was down and out. It happens every year. I get really sick and exhausted from over doing it and being stressed. No big deal. 
On Sunday morning ( May 1st)  before my last final of nursing school on Tuesday: I threw up Naked Green Machine juice{ not that bad coming up, not going to lie}. Feeling better- I decided to shower and get ready for church even though Jeff said "No, we aren't going, you're sick and we work in nursery,"  I couldn't argue with that. 

I hardly new he had come in after going to the store to get me soda and snacks. Supposedly after about 10 minutes of freaking out downstairs he came up and asked me if he was reading it right.   (Yeah, I'm still in the shower.) 
I look at it and instantly say, " Oh, crap."
Just to make sure I WAS READING IT RIGHT, he handed me the instructions, waiting for my confirmation.  I informed him that he was reading the Spanish side and that was probably the source of his confusion. Holy fracking moly.
 (Totally freaking out downstairs, eye roll haha)
I was seriously in shock,  Jeff jumped in the shower fully clothed and totally elated as I stood there in disbelief and sort of upset for the added pressure on me that week to pass my final. { I was cutting it really close- good thing, I passed, PHEW}

I think I am still in disbelief and shock, but also not to the "glowing and elated" stage. Morning sickness really does nothing for the excitement of having a baby. I'm not showing and I'm just sick. This is not how I planned it going lol. I think it will be easier for me to get excited once I can 1) get back to normal activities 2) get good insurance 3) know what we're having so I can buy lots of stuff we don't need and 4) stop feeling sick. 

You try climbing the Temple of the Sun while sick as a dog. I dare you.

We haven't posted anything on Facebook, we haven't hit the 10-12 week safety mark yet, nor have we had a real appointment. {I really need to get on that}. But the most important people know and all the ones my dad has slipped it to on multiple occasions. When I think of something totally clever and have an appointment maybe I'll make something totally great to publicly announce it.

(This is how we broke the news to Khrisandra, [we had to tell someone or we were going to implode] we told her we wanted AZ pics before we left, which was true, but Jeff pulled that thing out and it was HILARIOUS)

No comments:

Post a Comment