My poor boy got snipped today :(
I think he could sense it walking in to the vet today. Usually he is so happy and excited to be there. But this time he was just a little off.
We dropped him off at 8:00 am and then they told us he needed picked up any time between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
I anxiously watched the clock for a lot of the day. I was worried about how he would act after, if he would even be able to walk or not. If he would be in a lot of pain. I don't know how these things work! The second we saw him I knew he just wanted to be home. After we loaded him up with his bed, bear, and a bone for distraction we drove quickly home. He was so excited as a drugged up, pain stricten puppy could be - he walked in as fast as he could and went straight for his food dish. Of course he isn't allowed to have any food, if any a 1/4 of what he usually has for a meal. So essentially a 1/4 of a cup which he scarfed down in one bite.
Everywhere he walks he walks with his tail tucked and his head down. You can just see in his face that he doesn't feel good and hurts. I was trying to get out the door for a photoshoot and apparently I wasnt allowed to leave:he followed me as far as the door and when I closed it he apparently was really dissapointed and wined. Luckily I had a few more minutes till I had to leave so I could give him a little more lovins. I sat on the floor near the couch and just rubbed his head for a minute. Slowly he just fell asleep sitting there, until he collapsed onto my lap. Totally crashed. Haha I shouldn't laugh but it was pretty comical. Hopefully these pain medications really help the poor guy out. I feel so bad :(



No comments:
Post a Comment