Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Countdown

I have been panicking on what to post about cause it has been a stressful yet boring couple of weeks but I finally have something! 
I AM DONE!!!!!
WOOHOO!
HELLO BLOCK 3!
I went in to this semester completely expecting to not make it through. 
They call this the weeding out block for a reason and it was definitely hard to not get chopped out. They are stinking tough on you. They almost go beyond the line to push yours limits. Most days you come home from clinicals, labs, tests, or clin sims and you just want to cry your eyes out because you are the worst nurse on the planet. *Kent Waters.... I will get you back*
 But alas, I survived. I am heading to block 3! I am ecstatic to finally head into the specialty blocks where you can see new things and play with cute babies. I feel like I will feel so much more driven in these last two semesters not only to finish but to have things that I will really enjoy learning about.

Block 1-Gerontology and Med-Surg
Block 2 - Med-Surg and Oncology (if you're lucky)
Block 3 - Pediatrics and Obstetrics 
Block 4 - Trauma and Intensive care
 
Only 2 more semesters. The home stretch. 
Until that final in May of 2016, I will be holding my breath. I have been working since sophomore year of high school. A lot of stress and tears went into this goal of mine and I can not wait to achieve it. Now the countdown is on until we get to Alaska and we cannot wait to not be stressing over school for this short amount of time.

To celebrate today's success we had the missionaries over for some overly spicy tortilla soup. They said it was good but I saw their faces, better luck next time. I had a good excuse to clean the house and do the dishes though so I got a lot knocked off my list of things to do before we leave Saturday. Trelva had come into my mind earlier today so I made a quick call to make sure she came for dinner too. That sweet soul always makes me feel so good about myself and always goes above and beyond. She even helped with dishes after. Someone has to keep me movin' and in line. 


If you know me I have an extremely soft spot for Trelva Palmer. Words cannot be put to how much I admire and love this woman. She will be a forever friend and my adopted mother. Verle was one of my most dearest friends and I honestly can say that he crosses my mind at least once a day. 
Before he had passed away I had made him promise that he would make it to my wedding. When he had passed, it was like a jab to the stomach. My parents knew how much he had meant to me: after they had come to the school to tell me that he had passed away, they offered to excuse me from school for the day to grieve for the loss of my friend. A couple months later I had him on my mind, and I had my future on my mind. I remembered the conversation we had had when I made him promise that he would be there and I had gone to his grave site and just cried angrily at him for not being here still.  Talking to Trelva this evening and remembering back to that promise and my wedding day: I remember in the sealing room there was one chair empty- the one right next to Trelva. I knew he was there. I cried my eyes out when people came to hug me after I had gained an extremely handsome and new husband. Few that knew, mentioned that they felt him there. They knew he was there too. I cannot wait to see him again.




No comments:

Post a Comment