Friday, April 10, 2015

Date Night

I tricked Jeffrey, I know, It was slick of me. 
If you know him you know he hates any and all musicals or plays. But I got him. 
I was planning on just being ready and cute when he got home from work and then drive him to Tucson (PRAYING we could sneak in if someone didn't show up, I didn't plan well. haha. Apparently it's a MONTH waiting list but if you're lucky and someone doesn't show up you can swing in their spot. We got lucky). But the little stinker got off work early so I improvised and I still got him while he had nice clothes on. I kept it together till we were like 3/4 of the way there, he guessed what I had up my sleeve. I talk about Gaslight Theater ALL THE TIME. I highly recommend it.  It's something my parents had taken us kids to multiple times and it is a blast. First of course you have to swing through Little Anthony's Diner and get a killer burger. The theater has a live band and cast that just does spoofs of old movies. Sometimes you are laughing till you pee your pants and other times it's just pretty entertaining.
We've found that the later you go the punchier the lines lol.  Then you get into the theater and eat all you can eat popcorn and order a milkshake. They are BOMB.
They do little intermissions throughout where the live "orchestra" ( a piano player, a base player, and drums) just rock it out to old tunes that everyone sings a long to. It's grand. During the show it is customary to scream "Boo's" and "Hurrah"'s for the bad and good guys. I love that they steal popcorn from people's tables and throw it at them and just have a great time- mix a lot of old with some new. 
Unfortunately the Olio basically an encore wasn't as funny this round but the YMCA one is my personal favorite just for reference. Before the Olio was done they gave shout outs to birthday's, anniversaries, people from other states, yada yada - they sang happy birthday and gave out ice cream cones and then sang to the couples: SO FUN to have a sweetheart to sway and sing with, even if he said I was " Embarassin' " lol. Totally wish I could find the Sweetheart song, but Mariah Carey ruined that one on google for me. Guess you'll just have to go yourself ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment