Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Sweet Reunion.

It's definitely been a rough couple of weeks. My sweet grandma passed away peacefully in her chair Thursday, January 29th sometime in the morning between 4:30 and 6:00. It was such a shock/surprise when we heard the news. We all rushed to the Beehive house as soon as we possibly could to meet the workers there, all bawling and tender hearted from the loss. I think the most heartening part of the passing was the reunion we wish we were apart of, watching as a fly on the wall. My grandpa Dale and uncle David passed away on the same day in a tragic boating accident and my grandma had lost her mother at age 9. We knew that my uncle David and grandpa Dale were there to take her home to her Father above with open arms. This last weekend on the 14th we laid her to rest in the Snowflake Cemetery after we had a short service in the old chapel she took care of as a girl with her dad. She told many stories of "stoking the fire" and singing at the top of her lungs as she vacuumed. It was such an emotional day for everyone and the spirit and grandma's spirit was so strong throughout the day. Uncle Russell gave the most sincere and sweet family prayer that I think I can say made everyone choke up. Keaton (6.... or 7?) was probably the most emotionally torn, it just melted my already melting heart right into a puddle. He was emotional through the whole thing, so sweet.  I am so glad my grandma was able to be with her sweetheart for Valentines Day.




Since it was Valentine's Day and we hadn't seen eachother for a few days, including on my birthday :( me and jeff took a drive up to the Snowflake Temple to just walk around and have some peace and quiet. Much needed. 
Love MY valentine! 
He has been the best these past couple weeks while I've been away at clinicals. Constantly cleaning the kitchen, doing the dishes, doing my laundry, and SPOILING ME. How did I get so lucky? 




No comments:

Post a Comment