Friday, April 28, 2017

It's official

Well it's official, Easton and I are here in Texas! It was a LONG flight with him screaming he whole way but we made it. Luckily Freddy's smoothed the blow before we boarded. Thank goodness it was only two hours and not 6! The second we got off the plane he finally calmed down. I think he just needed air and some space. Southwest is a little more crowded than Alaska Airlines. We made it through security and to our gate okay, then Easton just wanted to go to sleep but he has this AMAZING new trick that he likes to go to sleep by himself just by laying down (thanks mom!). Unfortunately it is just not conducive to airports and he fought falling asleep tooth and nail. Luckily for me he fell asleep for a good 30 minutes but then woke right back up right before we boarded. Like I said, he screamed the whole time. It probably didn't help that I had to give him a cold bottle but that was his fault for screaming and I didn't have the time or hands to warm it up. Poor guy. Such a good baby put in a crappy situation.
Anyway, once we got off we had to find our luggage. Jill was stuck in traffic and our luggage had gone around several times: it was coming down to probably the last ten bags so I decided to just go ahead and pull them. I should've thought about it more thoroughly but I was toast and couldn't tell my left shoe from my right so I grabbed the heaviest things first whilst rocking a baby to sleep and then his car seat last. Once I got his car seat un tied and him put in, he was HARD asleep the rest of the wait and all the way home.
When we got home he was up and wired so I fed him, bathed him, and he played with aunt Jill for a little while before going to bed. Grateful we survived another flight without Dad but anxious to have him back!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment