Monday, December 12, 2016

Going Home

Finally! 
After 28 days in the NICU we got to go home!
December 1st we got the go ahead to come home and the second they cut us loose we got the heck out of dodge. 30 minutes before we were suppose to leave, it was just me and Easton sitting in the room and holy moly the going home anxiety hit HARD. I was excited to go home but so extremely nervous about what we were getting ourselves into at home. 
Luckily, we're surviving.

First we had to pass the carseat test, CHECK ✔✔✔

Then we had to load up ALL of our stuff. I tried to downsize on Monday because I thought we were going home Tuesday but we STILL had so much stuff. The 4 HUGE bags of pumped breastmilk plus a cooler didn't help the load..... (seriously, so much milk....)

Then, we loaded up and walked out. I was super grateful our favorite nurse was there that day to send us off. Katia (Italian) was one of few that I actually really enjoyed having take care of us and appreciated her knowledge and presence. She got a hug. 

Then we loaded up our monitor, our baby, our stuff, and drove home! Of course the day he was born and the day he gets to go home it snows, all the other days it was dry as a bone. haha. We won't complain though, made the drive home a lot more enjoyable. He slept the whole way home, we stopped for some Panda Express on the way and the second we got home we just vegged. Like this 45 minute drive had completely taken it out of us. lol. 


The first night was not as bad as I was anticipating. We let the baby sleep in the crib like we are suppose to do. Being good parents and all. He woke up of course, several times, starving, poopy, etc. But after day 2, just for fun, I pulled out the rock and sleep bassinet thingy that Jill got us in the middle of the day to see if he liked it. He LOVED it. It instantly knocked him out and he slept a solid 4 hours, we had to wake him up for his meals a few times cause he was sleeping so good. So, every night he sleeps in that now. I love it. 10/10 recommend it. 
THANK YOU JILL!
I think it gives him a little more boundaries than his crib does and that is all he has known so it is a lot more comfortable for him.  It is easy for me to lean over from bed and rock him when he is fussy.


Kenai has also been really surprisingly great. He leaves the baby alone but always has to check on him when he comes in the house. We do have to get after him when we hold the baby to not to lick his hands but he has been really calm and sweet. He just wants to give him lovins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment