Thursday, September 3, 2015

9.3.15

Today we went on a walk. 
At around 7:30 our Kenai alarm clock goes off. His name tag clinks against his kennel letting us know that he's up and ready to go outside. We try to take turns which means that Jeff is usually up with him but sometimes I try to beat him to it so he can have the extra 10 minutes. Today I tried waking up nice and early at a solid 6:58. I walked out to a perfectly clean and happy Kenai, ready to play. After almost 5 minutes of waiting for him to go and enjoying the beautiful early morning weather, Jeff groggily informed me that he had already been up with him and had taken him out a while earlier. I love him. 
Although I am a fan of my morning beauty hours, I love our morning family time. It's peaceful and quiet, and cool-ish.  I thoroughly enjoy the company. Our morning routine usually involves Jeff up earlier than I, taking the puppy out ( on a good day) or bathing him, whoever is still in bed- dog pile cuddles, an episode or two of The Office, breakfast, and hopefully a walk. Our breakfast choices are endless. Peanut butter honey toast, cereal, eggs and tortillas A' la mode. Fancy eh? 
Our walk consisted of Kenai eating a mouse, running to the peak of a few hills, and side walling it. 
I love our little family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment