Sunday, May 17, 2015

Talkeetna

 Last Saturday we hit the ground running. I honestly can say I don't think I've seen Jeff but maybe 3 times since we have gotten here. If we do see each other it's right before we go to bed or we are driving somewhere to get something else done.And we're usually too tired to divulge our day or waste sleeping time talking about other things so,
We needed some time to catch up, and say Hello.
We headed to Talkeetna! It's only about an hour from where we are and Jeff is working on some jobs   out there so he got to show me around a little. This place is pretty historic.

 
It has the downtown quaintness that I love. Any and all tiny shops lining streets I want to be at. There is so much more to enjoy and walk nice and slow through... and it's a lot more picturesque. Hopefully we can head down south this summer and see the coastal towns that you see in all the movies. That would be exciting and picture worthy!


 We walked down the street to the river to see if we could see Denali but with MY LUCK, it was a no show. Every time we go to see it there are clouds covering exactly where it is. Something about how it can change the whole weather system or something.... whatever. Rude. 
It did give me peace of mind knowing that only 31% of the people that come to see Mckinley ever see it though so I don't feel so bad. I will have more chances this summer. Hopefully.

{Jeff said the picture below is a perfect mix of both of our worlds. Mexicans and Moose.  har har!}

 We made a quick stop in the Twisted Creek- Denali Brewing Co. to grab some grub because the lodge that over looks the town was closed still for the winter season. Wump wa. It was still delish though. I recommend it.


 Of course Jeff has to ruin ever photo I take of him. Bum face.
 It was pretty rad.
 
 You bet your very last dollar we were going to meet the Mayor. If you are uncultured and need some in your life: this is the town's LITERAL MAYOR. He's a cat that does not take crap. 
We were STOKED to be able to meet him and talk a little politics. You know, Mayor things. 
Apparently his power gets to his head because he only drinks from a wine glass at the bar and avoids tourists at all costs. So I guess we got pretty lucky when we got to pet and take pics with him.
 You can find him at his royal abode in Nagley's Store.
Stubbs, hence no tail, hence the name.

On the drive out we got lucky enough to see MOST but not all of Mckinley It was enough to grab my big lens out and waste some more time before we headed back to reality. It's pretty majestic.
 I caught me a good one ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment