Sorry we've been a little MIA.
This weekend is a four day weekend for me and three day weekend for Jeff. Momma K and
Poppa D got a campground up at Eklutna lake for all of us to go party at. It has been a blast.
No showering. No phones. No shaving. No sitting around.
It has been a much needed disconnection.
I left Friday afternoon and went up with Lindsay and her friend Becky while Jeff was working. He came up Saturday afternoon.
( I thought he would NEVER get there)
While we were waiting for everyone to come up and meet us we locked our phones in the car and headed off.
We enjoyed every second of it.
It was about a mile walk (at least felt like), here and there you would get a glimpse of the lake but the trail was mostly on higher ground and hidden by trees.
Lindsey calls it the "concrete", us lower forty-eight folk would call it a dam. lol.
We came here about 3 or 4 times. That's how bored we got. Occasionally we would get adventurous and go "bush wacking" (just hiking without following trails) or ride our break-less bikes dangerously fast around the loop. It was grand.
Like I said, Bored.
Don't worry guys, this isn't THE lake.
---------------------------------------------------------------
After the party people FINALLY arrived we decided to do a little late night kayaking ( around 8:00, if I remember right, no phones for a clock remember?). Kayaking is probably one of my favorite things to do up here. No hiking. Still active, but a LOT less cardio. :)
This was fun as always. I wish we would've made it a little further but it was late and we were taking turns. Next time!
THE lake.
How stinking cute is he?
I wish I had the effort to explain more of what we did but it may have to be something to come back to. It's 2:00 am and you can just watch the video ;)
We biked, we hiked, we kayaked, we four wheeled to glaciers (close but not quite), we got towed, we picked up gross stuff, we ate, we laughed. Good times were had by all. Good night world and Happy Memorial Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment